So after 2 long months, Chris and I reunited in London! We had 2 nights here before jetting off to explore Europe.
Look kids! Big Ben, Parliament!!
Ready to take on London!! I look like such a tourist!! HAHAHA!!!!
We stayed at the Elizabeth Hotel near Victoria Station. Great location!!!
We had this private park across the street from the hotel. Chris and I spent a morning roaming around. It was so serene!!

Chris had a bit of trouble with the one pair of shoes he brought - a huge gashing hole in the bottom of the right one!! This is why I overpack!!! So, whenever it rained or the road was covered with pebbles (like above), Chris would walk only with the heel of his right foot or, if up to it, hop only on the left. DORK!!! He temporarily remedied this later in the night by wrapping the right shoe with duct tape, but it didn't last. How did I not get a picture of that?!? He looked like Frankstein!
Could he look anymore British?!?
We found a great Australian bar in Covent Garden called Belushi's. They were showing the NCAA games, so Chris was able to watch his Hoyas win! It was very fun!!! Oh, and I called the winners of three games in a row, btw!!! Close games, too!
This bar tender was like "Cocktail" in training. He made this tower, even with the shakes of a Parkinson's patient and constant heckling from his co-workers. It was something else, until moments later it came crashing down when he laid that final cup on top. Poor guy! He also spent most of the night not making drinks but instead tossing around the bottles and shakers as if he were about to make something spectacular. I think he dreams of Vegas!! We renamed him PB - practice bottle!
We went to the Sommerset house near Covent Garden that has exhibits and historical records of London. It was really pretty until it spontaneously started hailing on us!! Gotta love the UK weather!
Get it? Chris is not impressed with my wit!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment