
At the Waterfront Winterland in Swansea, there is a mini carnival with games, an ice rink, and a ferris wheel. Somehow Chris was able to talk me into riding the rinky-dink ferris wheel...

The view was very nice! There's the ice rink!

But this isn't exactly the safest ride around!!!!

I was very, very scared! Near tears scared! If Chris ever thought I was brave, I have forever changed that! Not only was I afraid, I was also coming down with a nasty cold. So I felt like crap while facing my potential death by falling off the ferris wheel in Swansea.

The next day we took a walk to Mumbles. Beautiful day for a brisk 3 mile walk.
These will be the photos on the back of the books we write.

Chris looking contemplative

Katie trying (but failing) to be serious for one second.

We had lunch in Mumbles then walked through the quaint town. It was so nice to have Chris here to do this with.

There is a really small mini-golf course in Mumbles but it was closed for the winter season. Guess Chris will have to make a trip back in spring so I can beat him at a round.

Lovely sunset to end the day!!
2 comments:
The high point of the ferris wheel adventure was the moment, when they were loading up and we were stopped about ten feet off the ground. The welsh carnie (confidence-inspiring) grabbed a wrench from his buddy and started doing some adjusting on the wheel. I thought Katie was going to pass out from fear.
this same welsh carnie also thought it was funny to spin the cage we were in every time we passed the bottom of the wheel. not cool!
Post a Comment