Thursday, April 24, 2008

Germany to Italy via Train

Chris and I took the train from Munich to Verona one morning. It was a 4-hour ride with breathtaking views!
We went from Germany through Switzerland then Austria. Lots of beautiful, snowy mountains!! There were actually loads of passengers that got off near Innsbruck to go skiing!!
At one of the stops, I got off and got to step in the snow!!! Another passenger who was out there with me thought I was nuts...until I told him I was from LA!! We don't see a lot of snow there!!!

Getting close to Italy!!! The sun was shining and the vineyards were beautiful!!

So, here's a funny, yet a bit gross story. I got up to use the bathroom on the train leaving Chris in the cabin with the 3 other passengers we were sharing with. They were all "locals" from Italy, Austria and Germany. When I came back from the bathroom, I said in amazement to Chris, "Hey, when you flush, it just goes straight out on the tracks!" The other passengers all began giggling!!! How embarrassing!!!! As Chris would say - "Katie pooped on Italy!!!"

No comments: