The first order of business - LAUNDRY with Tide packets in the bathroom sink. Not the most appetizing thing!!
We stayed at Hotel Mariandl, a quaint old hotel with a great restaurant/bar downstairs. It was super cheap and BEAUTIFUL!!! Nice staff too! Oh, and it's where Chris and I discovered the magic of muesli and yogurt for breakfast!!! Mmmmm!!! It's also the place where Chris came up with his soon-to-be-released single "Any Old Headband"
We went to Dachau, the old town of Munich. This is in front of the old palace.
Dachau is also where Hitler built one of the first concentration camps which we visited. It was an eerie but important experience. I didn't take any pics out of respect for the victims, but if you are ever in Munich, I think you should go. It was open from 1933-45 and is in the midst of a residential neighborhood. It's disturbing to think that such horrible acts of violence were occuring just a wall away from a community that did little to stop it. And it was also a vivid realization to remember that this atrocity occurred so recently in history. We have a come a long way and need to remember in order to prevent such a thing from happening again.
Easter Sunday in Munich with Easter eggs decorating the branches of different trees and plants. Cute and colorful!!
Olympic Stadium in Munich. Chris and I rushed over here to get in before closing. Turns out they were having an Osterfest (Easter festival) with a live band, the Easter bunny, and various games for kids. It was a GREAT surprise!
Even Hello Kitty was there!!!!
So, you might not know this, but Chris and I have a long-running mini-golf competition. We've played in a number of places we've visited including Austin TX and Santa Barbara, and I usually win. The tournament got international when we came across this course in Munich. Chris thought he was home-free after this hole-in-one of the first hole!!!
But I came through on the back nine per usual with 2 holes-in-one!! HAHAHA!!! This hole was hard too!!!
Chris and I loved Munich soooooo much!!! The Hof Brau Haus probably had something to do with that. It a huge restaurant serving massive beers and wurst sausages! Mmmmm!! There are long picnic tables and you just sit down with whomever and eat up! Lots of tourists but some locals too.
Chris enjoying his dark beer!
I opted for the lager! What? I was thirsty!!
This was my meal - a traditional German faire of white veal sausage served in warm water. Chris said it resembled a certain part of the male anatomy and renamed it "dick in a cup"
We sat with these old German guys after dinner. They were a lively bunch!! I have a good video to share with you later. I tried to revive an old Ziemann tradition with them.
Whatcha think? Do I look German?
This is an old church that has these dolls that dance to the chimes. If you zoom in, you can see it.
I love this sign of all the things you do in church. I wonder if a two-scoop would be ok...
Chris was trying to be crafty with the camera.
Some fountain
Some big building
2 comments:
Katie does not "usually win" at mini-putt. That is libelous.
he's right. i ALWAYS win!!
Post a Comment